In 2011, Li-Fi was invented by Harold Haas of the University of Edinburgh. The Li-Fi is an excellent alternative to Wi-Fi, this technology transmits 224 gigabits for a second. In perspective, when comparing Li-Fi, Wi-Fi has capacity of 600 megabytes for every second. With interesting features, Li-Fi provides faster data transmission as well as connectivity for business people or website designer.
With the new technology Li-Fi, these days the household lightning becomes double because the data transmission is hundred times quicker than Wi-Fi. The Li-Fi works like flashing off and on and incredibly signal lamp. The Li-Fi is deployed in current-life situations. In these environments, Li-Fi has ability to achieve high connection speed; therefore it has been used in offices and industrial settings. Aside from its speed and connectivity, Li-Fi offer different frequency over Wi-Fi. In addition, Wi-Fi produce different limitation, but Li-Fi never produces limitation.
How Li-Fi Differ From Wi-Fi:
The Li-Fi internet improve traffic congestion and connection speed. Compared to Wi-Fi, the Li-Fi is potentially energy efficient also it requires less power and cost to operate. For Li-Fi, the infrastructure is simple, that eventually allow transmitting the data quicker.
- The Li-Fi uses an incandescent light bulb and rather due to its ability, it utilizes the Light Emitting Diode Lights, this enables to transmit data.
- Li-Fi send more messages than Wi-Fi and even it operates between the frequencies and bandwidth of 2.4 gigahertz as well as 5 Gigahertz.
- As suggested, the Li-Fi increasing the congestion of frequency that continues the spread across the world.
- The data usage of Li-Fi is expected to 24.3 Exabytes. The Li-Fi is providing the efficient connections for internet users.
- The Li-Fi internet is feasibly implemented across the country.
For instance, VLC is useful applications and currently it develops different products including various ranges of LED that activate the light bulbs.
Key Points Of Li-Fi:
- Speed: Due to the transmission of light waves, Li-Fi is faster and efficient than Wi-Fi.
- Secure: The Li-Fi is securing than Wi-Fi this due to limited ranges.
- Cost: The Li-Fi infrastructure is cheaper than Wi-Fi.
In the extreme cases, Wi-Fi leads to very poor communication and loss of communication. The Wi-Fi doesn’t secure the wireless system. In addition, wireless transmission is less efficient and slower than wired network.
How Li-Fi Works:
The Wi-Fi and Li-Fi are quite similar in transmission, both transmit electromagnetically. Additionally, Wi-Fi uses only radio waves, but Li-Fi runs on both radio waves and visible light. Li-Fi is VLC (Visual Light Communication System). The Li-Fi holds a photo detector in order to receive all light signals. The Li-Fi sends the data to photodiode (photo-detector) at rapid speeds and get more information on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li-Fi .
Li-Fi signals never pass the signal through walls and it requires effective light bulb to offer connectivity. The Wi-Fi has less range of connectivity as a result; it perfectly suited for battery powered devices like smart watches and smartphones. Moreover, the integration of Li-Fi internet offers different chances for business and retailers alike. The modern Li-Fi allow speed transmission of data to different customers remotely, securely and quickly.